Take a Tour
Meet the Department
Department Overview
Sewer Billing Information
Public Information
Project Status
Emergency Contact Information
Specifications and Contracts
Rules, Regulations, and Reports
Employment Opportunities
Contact Us
Sanitary Engineer Bio
Training Room
County Home Page
Contact Us
Allen County Sanitary
Engineering Department
3230 N. Cole Street
Lima, Ohio 45801
(419) 996-4670
(419) 229-3297

Sewer Billing Information

Payment Options


Allen County Treasurer, Rachael Gilroy
Sanitary Engineer, Stephen M. Kayatin, P.E.

Introducing a new payment option:

Credit Card

Visit the Allen County Treasurer's site at: www.allencountyohtreasurer.com
OR call 1-866-636-3868

Direct Debit from your checking/savings account for monthly or quarterly sewer bills is still available.

No more writing Checks
No more mailing payments
No charge

How it works:

We will send you a reminder each quarter stating the amount and date we will draw the payment from your checking account. Please note there is a $16.00 service fee for insufficient funds.

Monthly ACH deductions can only start at the beginning of a quarter, January, April, July, or October. The deduction will continue the first Friday of each month thereafter.

It is simple:

1. Print the monthly application (click here for application)
2. Print the quarterly application (click here for application)
3. Fill out and include a voided check
4. Mail application and voided check to:

Allen County Sanitary Engineer
Attn: Tammy Ammon
3230 N. Cole Street
Lima, OH 45801

For questions, call Tammy Ammon, Billing Accounts Clerk at:
(419) 996-4683
or email at: tammon@allencountyohio.com


Frequently Asked Questions

How is my sewer bill calculated?

The sewer bill is calculated using a flat fee of $49.50 per month for each residential house. Condominiums, apartments, commercial and industrial users are then factored off of the $49.50 per month base fee.

Does water usage factor into the calculated sewer bill?

Water usage does not effect the sewer bill.

Are sewer bills mailed monthly, quarterly, bi-annually or annually?

Sewer bills are mailed quarterly, and are always sent out a quarter behind. For instance, the sewer bill for the first quarter (January thru March) is sent in May and due in June.

Can I pay with a credit card?

Yes, visit www.allencountyohtreasurer.com or call 1-866-636-3868.

If I don't pay my sewer bill is there a penalty?

Our office charges a 10% penalty on any late payments.

If I continue to not pay my sewer bill what will happen?

At the end of September each year our office certifies all unpaid sewer bills plus penalties, to the upcoming year's property taxes for collection.

How long will the above sewer bill charges stay on my property taxes?

The delinquent sewer bills will be collected on the upcoming year's property taxes only.

If my sewer bill is placed on my taxes and I pay my taxes, will sewer charges show on my next year taxes?

As long as you stay current on your bills, no further sewer bills will be certified to your property taxes.

What are the dates of the sewer fiscal year?

The fiscal year runs from July 1st of one year to June 30th of the following year. For example: July-Aug-Sept (3rd qtr 2006) Oct-Nov-Dec (4th qtr 2006) Jan-Feb-Mar (1st qtr 2007) Apr-May-June (2nd qtr 2007)

If I sell my property and need to change the name on the bill to the new owners, whom do I need to notify?

Notify the Sanitary Engineer's Office at 419-996-4683.

Is it permitted to make partial payments on a sewer bill?

County rules only allow us to accept full payment due for each quarter.

Is it permitted to make a sewer payment prior to the bills being issued?

The county does not have a fund set up for the payments to be placed in until the bills are issued.

If I owe for two quarters or more can I pay the most recent quarter before paying the others?

You must pay previous quarter bills before paying current quarter bills.

If I purchase a home from a Sheriff's Auction what am I responsible for concerning the sanitary sewer?

All delinquent sewer charges are the responsibility of the new owner of the home. Research the property before you purchase the home.

If I vacation through the winter and am not home using the sanitary sewer is there any way to turn the sewer off or not be charged for the usage?

The only way to discontinue sewage billing is if a home is torn down.

If my tenant does not pay the sewer bill and delinquent charges were added, who is responsible for the payment?

The property owner is responsible for any unpaid charges for the sanitary sewer.

How is my sewer bill handled when I sell my home in the middle of quarter?

All charges should be pro-rated by your agent at the time of closing, to the new owner.


Back to top

Site Design By